HomeHome  IWLeagueIWLeague  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

IWL Week Four and Tournament!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IWL]Honey

Number of posts : 241
Popularity : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello again everyone! Week three was probably our rockiest week ever but we got through it and it's time to move on. I have an exciting announcement for the league and I'm excited to get everyone's opinion on it. Next week instead of just taking a break, I decided we should celebrate the mid-season with a fun tournament called the King of Kings Tournament. Basically what it is, is a tournament crowning "The King of the League". Now I'm sure everyone is wondering, what's the prize???? Well of course if I cant get a prize for the league I cant get a prize for this, but I figured some people might actually play the game for the fun of it instead of playing for money only. However on a positive note, I sent a request for prize money to steelseries about a week ago and maybe they will be able to supply us with money. How this tournament is going to go, is a team manager will send a lineup like they always do for the cup. Except this lineup is different, it will consist of a seed one player, and a seed two player. Make sure you designate the players race and country in the lineup. The seedings in this tournament will go by how your team is ranked in IWL at the end of week four. The seed one player will get the highest possible seed from your team's ranking and the seed 2 player will get the second highest possible ranking for your team. So you will want to put your best player as the first seed, and second best player as the second seed. To assure this wont completely fail in the beginning stages, you will get .5 PP if you dont send in a lineup(or if one player is missing) and you will get another .5 PP if both of your players fail to show. If one doesnt show that's ok, but if two dont show its saying you arent taking the tournament seriously and that's disrespectful to me.

The tournament will be played Sunday August 2nd starting around 12:00 EST // 18:00 CET. I'm guessing it will last a few hours until we crown a winner and he will get an interview on the website and his acheivements will be shown in the IWL Hall of Fame. This tournament might epic fail due to no prize money, but hopefully the PP's will prevent that from happening. It's the first season of the league and no other leagues do this so I thought I would just wing it and hope for the best. I encourage everyone to post constructive criticism(in other words no, this is stupid, why are u doing this, ur an idiot). Again, this will not happen until next week so ask your players which ones would want to play in this tournament and represent your team.

Now that the tournament business is taken care of, I should point out the mass amount of wildcarded matches we still have. Some of these are still from week one and have yet to be played. I strongly suggest you get these wildcarded matches taken care of so your team can get the highest possible seedings for the tournament.

WildCarded Matches:
Night Elf aG.Sira [0-2] Orc myK.CheerOn - Turtle Rock - DefWin
Human aG.Ferfe [1-0] Night Elf aX.ShowT1me - Death Trap(stopped mid-series)
Night Elf aG.Sira [0-2] Human aX.Frag - Echo Isles - DefWin
Orc InfC.Pride [0-0] Orc BvG.Valer - Twisted Meadows
Undead nSt.Skutt & Orc nSt.DarkMove [0-0] Night Elf KoD.Mass & Night Elf KoD.Blicero
Night Elf FinH.Peterra & Orc FinH.Capu [0-0] Orc BvG.Show & Human BvG.Inqers
Orc iAct.Naps [0-0] Orc FinH.Capu - Lost Temple
Undead iAct.Shadai [0-0] Night Elf FinH.Peterra - Terenas Stand
Orc InfC.Pride [0-2] Night Elf aG.Sira - Melting Valley
Human myK.InShell & Night Elf myK.anSkyislife [0-0] Orc aX.Revived & Undead Showtime

Week Four Matches:

Division A:
United States KoD [0-4] France aAa - July 25th at 15:00 EST // 21:00 CET
United Kingdom TI [0-4] Australia BAD - July 25th at 05:00 EST // 11:00 CET
Ukraine nSt [0-0] Spain x6 - July 25th at 13:00 EST // 19:00 CET
Germany CoB [0-4] France eC - July 26th at 15:00 EST // 21:00 CET

Division B:
Germany myR [4-1] Russia myK - July 21st at 14:00 EST // 20:00 CET
United States aG [1-4] Finland FinH - July 26th at 14:00 EST // 20:00 CET
United States InfC [1-4] Russia iAct.N2L - July 26th at 14:00 EST // 20:00 CET
Poland BvG [0-0] Germany aX

Solo Map Pool:
Twisted Meadows
Death Trap
Secret Valley
Gnoll Wood

2v2 Map:
Centaur Grove

Last edited by IWL]Honey on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MeFIzLiFe

Number of posts : 105
Popularity : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:06 am

pls rename us team, we not myk now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ringelnet

Number of posts : 77
Popularity : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:33 am

Hm i would have suggested that we use the next week as a break to play all the wildcarded and postponed CWs and matches. A lot of clans (like our) does have more then 2 or 3 leagues to play and its not that easy to set a date for 1 or 2 singleplayers to game this tour, especially on saturday (zotac).
Nice idea though, but we should realize it when the league is running smoothly and not that confusing like atm Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
T]osh`iki

Number of posts : 36
Popularity : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 am

They can miss one zotac to play their late game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IWL]Honey

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:03 am

idk if im blind but i think the league is running pretty smoothly. and i think mid-season is a rlly appropriate time to do it. also they have lots of time to get their wc matches done. and tbh i think a break isnt needed to get them done, people are just being too lazy to schedule them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CoB-Lussac

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:26 pm

This i a good idea ! Im loving it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cobbys.two4.it
FinH]Capu

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: hard time finding opponent   Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi, What to do with the series capu & peterra vs bvg.inqers and bvg.show

The team bvg wildcarded the series so i guess they've got the ball to schedule the match so to speak but i haven't heard anything from them and it's already been like 1 weeks from the cw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BAD.Danube

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Do you think it is possible if you move the starting time for next week's tournament to 16:00 CET, which is then midnight for our team. If it is at 18:00 CET, that is 2am =/ Worst of all it is 2am MONDAY (We have work in the morning).

Please consider moving the time a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IWL Week Four and Tournament!   

Back to top Go down

IWL Week Four and Tournament!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1